Clock Repair Restoration, Kinetico Studios:
Kinetic Sculpture Clocks
Gordon Bradt & Kinetico Studios
Here at Kinetico Studios, we do complete restorations only on Kinetico built clocks. All repairs and adjustments are made that are needed, and motors and parts are replaced. In the cleaning and restoration, we strip off the old lacquer, polish the clock to its original luster, and then we apply fresh lacquer. This process restores the clock to original or better condition.
As part of our restoration service, we often convert the cycles on clocks for people when they need to run their clock in other parts of the world. Here in the US, we use 60 cycles, or hertz, while in Europe the electricity is 50 cycles, or hertz, and runs the clock at a slower speed. In order for our US clocks to keep time on 50 cycles, we can replace one of the big brass gears with one that has lesser teeth, causing the gear to go around faster and keep time on 50 cycles.
We only stock 110volt motors. If your clock needs to run on 220volts and we need to replace it with a 110volt motor, a simple voltage converter purchased in your country will step the voltage down sufficiently.
When we return your clock to you, you will receive our “Certificate of Authenticity.” This document will certify that your clock is an original Gordon Bradt design built here at Kinetico Studios. It will also approximate the year or date we built your clock and record the date that we restored your clock to original condition.
Our flat rate charge for restoration is $750 for domestic shipping back or $850 for international shipping back, in U.S. Dollars only.
To send your clock for service:
1. Call or email Terri Bradt at Kinetico Studios to schedule your restoration. Letting us know before you ship your clock to us assures that we give your clock the best attention we can after it arrives here.
2. Please enclose a check inside with the clock made out to Kinetico Studios, or enclose your Visa or MasterCard numbers and expiration date. We can call you for credit card information later, if you request this inside with the clock. Please do not email credit card information.
3. Be sure to enclose your name, address, and phone number inside with the clock. Please include your email address if you would like us to contact you that way.
4. Package the clock in a sturdy box with a few layers of bubble wrap.
5. Ship the clock by FedEx or UPS. Please do not ship by Post Office.
6. Insure the package for $2,000.
7. When shipping from outside the
8. We will call or email you when we receive your clock. Turnaround time is 6-8 weeks. Your clock will be returned to you by Federal Express.
Ship your clock by FedEx or UPS to:
526 Kinetico Road