Clock Repair Restoration, Kinetico Studios:
Kinetic Sculpture Clocks
Gordon Bradt & Kinetico Studios
Here at Kinetico Studios, we do complete restorations on Kinetico built clocks. We cannot do spot repairs or sell parts. During the restoration, all repairs, parts replacements, upgrades and adjustments are made that are needed, and motors are always replaced. In the cleaning and refinishing process, we strip off the old lacquer, polish the clock to its original luster, and then we apply fresh lacquer. This process restores the clock to original or better condition. Our restoration service carries a one-year warranty, which is non-transferrable.
As part of our restoration service, we often convert the cycles on clocks for people when they need to run their clock in other parts of the world. Here in the US, we use 60 cycles, or hertz, while in Europe the electricity is 50 cycles, or hertz, and runs the clock at a slower speed. In order for our US clocks to keep time on 50 cycles, we can replace one of the big brass gears with one that has lesser teeth, causing the gear to go around faster and keep time on 50 cycles.
We only stock 110volt motors. If your clock needs to run on 220volts and we need to replace it with a 110volt motor, a simple voltage converter purchased in your country will step the voltage down sufficiently.
When we return your clock to you, you will receive our “Certificate of Authenticity.” This document will certify that your clock is an original Gordon Bradt design built here at Kinetico Studios. It will also approximate the year or date we built your clock and record the date that we restored your clock to original condition.
Our flat rate charge for restoration is $750 for domestic shipping back or $900 for international shipping back, in U.S. Dollars only. This flat rate applies to any Kinetico Studios Desktop Clock style and includes shipping the clock back to you. The restoration also includes a one-year warranty.
We can also give estimates for service on Grandfather Clocks. Please contact Kinetico Studios with questions.
To send your clock for service:
1. Call or email Terri Bradt at Kinetico Studios to schedule your restoration. Our lead time currently is about three months for a go ahead to send your clock to us. Please wait for authorization from Terri to send your clock in.
2. Please enclose a check inside with the clock made out to Kinetico Studios, or enclose your Visa or MasterCard numbers and expiration date. We can call you for credit card information later, if you request this inside with the clock. Do not email credit card information.
3. Be sure to enclose your name, address, and phone number inside with the clock. Also include your email address if you have one.
4. Package the clock in a sturdy box with a few layers of bubble wrap.
5. Ship the clock by FedEx Express only. This is not the same truck delivery as FedEx Ground. FedEx Express has a guaranteed 3 day delivery option called FedEx Express Saver, and this is a very reliable service here at our location. UPS and FedEx Ground are recently unreliable delivering our packages here, so please do not ship by those carriers. Do not ship by US Postal Service, as we have no mail deliveries here.
6. Insure the package for $2,000.
7. When shipping from outside the U.S., declare the clock FOR REPAIR ONLY, NO COMMERCIAL VALUE.
8. We will call or email you when we receive your clock. Turnaround time depends on each individual clock’s needs. Your clock will be returned to you by FedEx Express.
Ship your clock by FedEx Express to:
526 Kinetico Road